BREAKING NEWS
South Africa

Man critical after being electrocuted while working at power station

9



The man was airlifted to hospital in a critical condition after he suffered burns all over his body. He was electrocuted while working at a Kempton Park power station.

A man was hospitalised on Thursday morning, 22 September, after he was electrocuted while working at a power station in Kempton Park, Gauteng.

MAN BURNT ALL OVER

A spokesperson for emergency service ER24 said paramedics arrived at the scene at approximately 8:30 and found the man – who is in his thirties – being treated on-site by first aiders.

“On closer inspection, medics found that the man was in critical condition, having sustained burns over most of his body,” said the spokesperson.

The man was treated at the scene and provided with advanced life support interventions before he was airlifted to a nearby hospital by helicopter. “Local authorities were on the scene for further investigations.”

In an unrelated incident in Alberton, Gauteng, in July 2022, three men suffered serious burn injuries after they were electrocuted while working on a generator at a local shopping centre.

READ MORE: Three men seriously burnt after being electrocuted while fixing a generator

Before that, a woman was killed in KwaZulu-Natal after allegedly being electrocuted by unsafe electrical points in her home.

READ MORE: Woman electrocuted by ‘unsafe electrical points’ at her KZN home

ALSO READ:



Leave a comment