Durban Prepares for the Africa Tourism Leadership Forum, 27 to 29 August 2019
22. Juli 2019
The KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Government and Durban will be hosting the Africa Tourism Leadership Forum and Awards (ATLF and Awards) from 27 to 29 August 2019. This is a continental platform for dialogue, networking, sharing insights and devising strategies for sustainable travel and tourism development.
It also focusses on the enhancement of Africa’s brand equity and promoting intra-Africa travel.
It is the only African leadership dialogue platform designed and convened by Africans and hosted in Africa to promote tourism as a priority sector and major economic development pillar in African states.
Among the priority areas of focus are:
- how to stimulate intra-African travel through though leadership and progressive policies
- how to boost the levels of intra-African travel through improved connectivity and investment in tourism infrastructure
- how African hotel brands can enhance their brand equity in the global marketplace
- how to unlock the economic value of the continent’s Meetings, Incentives Conferences and Exhibitions/Event (MICE) and/business events sector
- how African countries can mobilise the private sector to harness the benefits of the multi-level Chinese outbound market
- what insights can be drawn from the African best practice in leveraging wildlife and biodiversity as strategic tourism assets
- how to create a truly Pan-African hotel brand and tourism industry
- how the private and public sector can mainstream youth and women empowerment for the development of Africa’s travel and tourism industry.